Rocha’s “retirement” (aka: severance) deal
- April 29, 2015: Ex-PCC President’s $400,000 retirement nullified, LA Times
- April 29, 2015: Judge voids $403,000 resignation payoff to former PCC president, Pasadena Star News
- April 15, 2015: Ex-PCC President threatened action over trustee comments, LA Times,
- July 15, 2015: Rocha Retains Severance with New Settlement Courier
Internal memo from Mark Rocha to “the people on his bus” – April 17, 2014
What Mark Rocha thinks about shared governance, all the administrators that he's fired, PCC as a business and faculty standing in the way of his legacy of 'reforms': Confidential Rocha Memo (April 17, 2014)
- Pasadena Weekly “Beginning of the End…..Leaked Memo…” May 15, 2014
- Pasadena Weekly “Big Apple Bound? PCC President a Finalist for NY Community College”, June 19, 2014
PCC President Mark Rocha gets an “F” from faculty – April 2014
In Spring 2014, full-time faculty anonymously evaluated President Mark Rocha using the same evaluation as his bosses, the Board of Trustees. Professors rated him as having “very low effectiveness” in 7 categories, including fairness/respect, long-range planning and shared governance , providing accurate and complete information to the Board of Trustees and promoting harmonious employee relations, but was rated effective in only 1 category: technology.
Read the complete documentation here:
114 out of the 169 who submitted the anonymous evaluations to the Academic Senate answered the open ended questions on the evaluation. The most common response was:
“What’s working?” – Nothing!
“What’s not working?” – Everything!
“What are your suggestions for positive change?” – Remove Mark Rocha.
PCC President Mark Rocha
- February 2013 – Rocha (and PCC General Counsel) – Retaliation; Sexual Harassment Lawsuit
- February 2013 – Vote of No Confidence and Censure from Associated Students
- March 2013 – Vote of No Confidence – Ad Hoc Committee for Faculty at Large
- April 2013 – Vote of No Confidence – Academic Senate